There are many reasons a child may be identified as having SEN:
- They may be having significant difficulty with their learning and making far less progress than would be expected.
- They may have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or dyscalculia.
- They may have emotional or mental health difficulties.
- They may have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
- They may have sensory and/or physical needs
At Kielder Primary School and Nursery, we believe that all children should be fully supported in achieving their best and reaching their full potential. We work together with colleagues from a variety of contexts to ensure that children with SEND needs are supported to make the most of their potential.
Our SEND Co-ordinator is Lee Ferris, Headteacher. You can contact him by email
or by calling school on 01434 250257. If you have a question, concern or complaint about anything related to SEND, please contact him om the first instance.
Please find key information about SEND below, including our SEND Policy and Information Report.
to find out about what Northumberland County Council offers for learners with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)